Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fractal flowers

Fractal daisies
Close-up detail
After several solid days and a steep learning curve, I think I'm beginning to get to grips. It's not easy! When you have about ten layers, changing one layer can alter things dramatically, it's the unpredictability that makes it hard work. But still, I had a look around the internet at fractal flowers and thought, I'd like to do something like that. So, exploring various formulae and transformations, I came up with this, which I'm quite proud of! It consist of 8 layers, all the same formula but with different parameters, and using combinations of hard light, soft light and multiply, with some transparency in several layers.

The flowers are a combination of daisy like settings on a flower trap, in shades of delicate pink with a darker green for the foliage, with fine lines curving over the background of pastel blue-green and lilac. It started off as an idea for a Christmas design but evolved into this, simple but, I think, effective. I liked the corner idea as it left plenty of room for text on invitations and cards. Here it is on a wedding invitation:

and looks equally at home on cushions and pillows:

No comments:

Post a Comment