Friday, April 9, 2010

Bebop's Place

Back to the USA, Bebop lives in rural upstate New York, her choice of images below shows you don't have to have a dslr to take good photos:
I have recently re-discovered my old love of photography. I used to use a Pentax K1000 SLR. This time around, though, I have gone digital and I use my trusty Canon PowerShot S3IS. I enjoy the post-processing in Photoshop Elements as much as the actual shooting, probably because I used to spend a lot of time in the darkroom.
"Farmer at Sunset" is one I took a while ago with the SLR. I scanned it and then applied a filter (I think it was the Poster Edges filter). The next three were all taken with the S3IS.
"Lilies, Irises and Grapes" was an arranged still life. I darkened the background in Photoshop. 

I took the photo of a male cardinal in a snow storm through my back window. 
Before the first hard frost, I cut an armload of dahlias from my flower garden and took their portrait using the S3IS.
There are some lovely posters in her store, as well as all sorts of other gift items.




No comments:

Post a Comment